- Total 8 to 10 years relevant experience
- Hands on experience on use of appropriate design patterns to meet specific implementation needs (functional & non-functional requirements)
- Implementation knowledge of Service oriented & Multi-tenant architecture
- Hands on experience related to deployment and rolling out incremental updates (application binaries & database) from staging to production environment & roll-back activities.
- Strong hands on knowledge required for release & branch management (preferably using TFS, VS 2012 / 2010)
- Production support (investigation, troubleshooting, immediate fixing, database clustering, backup)
- Strong expertise on database design & programming specifically targeted to handle concurrent transactions and large data volumes
- When code changes are promoted to staging environment, DB runs as expected for both NEW and Existing communities. This will involve working with the Build manager
- Provide vision and insight into what upgrades (Hardware, application features or DB Design) need to be made to the DB to ensure performance is optimal
- Recommendations for operational reports for performance monitoring of the database.
- Example: Delivery of batch of 1000 took X seconds
- Archival strategy for database to ensure database is kept at an optimal size. This is a future requirement but something to consider
- Truncate/Delete LOG DB to ensure it doesn’t grow to large (Work with Production Monitoring to determine when this will be done).
- Future consideration: Partitioning strategy for LOG DB and archival.
- Provide support to development team when SQLC1 (DEV/INT/STG) has low disk space and restart SQL services when required. Performance tuning might also be required for the server.
- Performance, Memory & SQL Profiler tools and optimization (application & database operations)
- Database and application code review and optimization
Good to Have
- Solar Winds DB Performance Analyzer (A Production Monitoring task as well)
- Daily review of reports for abnormal activity
- Review day, week, and month trends
- Provide re-indexing or manual intervention when required
- Make recommendations for development team to optimize